We often have interested customers call us to discuss the benefits of a water softener. And, one of the most frequent questions they ask is whether they should purchase or rent a water softener.
First, if you have made the decision to invest in a home water softener, then you have made a really wise decision. You’re going to enjoy plenty of benefits, no matter which avenue you choose.
Why Choose Soft Water?
Before we get into the discussion about whether to purchase or rent a water softener, you’ll want to review the benefits of softened water and what you’re getting in the first place. With soft water, you’ll enjoy:
- Lower energy bills
- Spending less money on things like soaps and detergents
- Healthier skin and hair
- No more spots on dishware
- Chores become easier to do
- Reduced risk of clogged pipes and buildup in water-using appliances requiring repairs or replacements
- Clothes will not be as dull
- And more…
To Purchase or Rent a Water Softener? That Is the Question …
When answering this important question, you’ll need to consider your own personal circumstances. Here are a few things you may want to think about:
- Your living situation. If you own your own home, it may make more sense to purchase a water softener because of the value it adds to your home. If you are renting, it may make more sense to rent the system because of the investment. We recommend you add equity to your own property, but not necessarily to someone else’s. Location is also important to consider – how hard is your water?
- Your future plans at that residence. Think about your next plans for where you live. Are you planning on moving anytime soon? If you are thinking about moving within the next six months or so, we usually recommend renting to avoid the investment costs. You’ll still be able to enjoy the unit for personal use in the short term. However, you should also remember that if you were to purchase a home water softener even with plans to move, you could highlight this as a feature of the home which is a benefit to potential buyers.
- Your budget and financial plans. Think about what you can spend initially, what you might need to finance, and how much money maintenance and repairs may cost. Typically, the initial investment can be a cost but down the road, it pays for itself in other savings. When it comes to renting vs. buying a water softener, the longer you use your system, the more money you save.
- Maintenance and repairs. Be sure to discuss what commitment is involved with your decision as well as what maintenance fees or repairs and warranties are included. Some suppliers will have technicians and others will require all maintenance and repairs to be your responsibility.
We Can Help You Decide Whether to Purchase or Rent a Water Softener
Contact us today for more information about our water softeners and we will be sure to walk you through the best decision for your home’s demands, location, budget, situation and needs. We carry the models and the options that will meet your expectations and have your hard water improved in no time. Congratulations on making a great decision for your residence and your family!